Principles and Outcome Area
The Sure Start Programme is supported by a number of key principles:
- To co-ordinate, streamline and add value to existing services for young children and their families in local communities.
- To involve parents.
- To avoid stigma.
- To ensure lasting support.
- To be sensitive to local families needs.
- To promote the participation of all local families.
Services provided by projects must:
- Add value to existing/planned services.
- Be based upon evidence of what interventions are successful.
- Imaginatively respond to local need.
- Be informed by strategic direction.
Sure Start work is focused on six high level outcomes to ensure children are:
- Being healthy.
- Enjoying learning and achieving.
- Living in safety and with stability.
- Living in a society which respects their rights.
- Experiencing economic and environmental well-being.
- Contributing positively to community and society.