The Pathway Fund
The Pathway Fund is closed for applications.
Further update on release of Pathway funding for 2017/18 >>
In support of the DE vision "every young person
achieving to his or her full potential at each stage of his or her development" the outcomes of the Pathway
- Improved development of children aged
from birth to four years who are at risk of not
reaching their full potential within the school
- An enhanced more sustainable early years
The Pathway Fund supports all providers or facilitators of registered early years education and learning provision focused on children 0-4 such as:
- Registered Sessional Day-care Settings (Out of Schools, Summer Schemes, Playgroups, Crèches)
- Registered Full Day Care Settings (Day Nurseries)
- Registered Childminders
In 2017/18 the Pathway Fund will be administered over two streams:
Stream 1: Groups Funded during 2016/17
These groups will be invited to submit a Confirmation of Circumstances form – reflective of the project they provided during the funding period April 16 – March 17, with the following conditions in place:
- Awards will be made to a maximum of £60k.
- Groups with an award greater than £30k will be required to meet an additional two criteria.
- Confirmation of the continued need for the project and the funding requested.
The remainder of the funding will be available for:
Stream 2: New Applicants
A competitive funding application process will open early February, with the following conditions in place.
- Awards will be made to a maximum of £30k.
- Proposed project meets with set criteria.
- Confirmation of need for the project and the funding requested.
For further information please contact The
Pathway Fund office on 028 9066 2825 or email