What we offer
- Full time and part time day care provision for children from birth to 12 years across a range of services.
- Support for children with additional needs from birth to 18 years in the home, in the centre and in the community.
- Parenting support in the centre, in the home and in the community for expectant parents and those with children up to 18 years.
- Newry City Sure Start provides a wide range of free family support services to expectant parents and those with children up to four years of age.
Day care services are registered with Southern Health and Social Care Trust.
Support for children with additional needs can be accessed by referral from health professionals and from parents.
All staff are fully qualified in child development, paediatric first aid, child protection and food hygiene. Staff receive additional training to facilitate work with children with additional needs.
Support for children with additional needs through the Community Integration and Outreach Support Services
Through funding support from Southern Health and Social Care Trust the Centre provides:
- Supported places in day care for children aged one to school age.
- Outreach intervention in the home for children and young people school age to 18 years.
- After-school places for children school age to 12 years.
- Parent Support through Northern Ireland Autism Newry and Mourne Branch (PAPA) first Saturday of the month.
All the above require a referral from a health professional.
Outreach support services can be referred by parents and/or health professionals and include:
- Family support outreach for children and young people during a period of transition and change such as birth of a sibling, exams or illness.
- 13+ Youth Club for young people aged 13 to 18 years.
- New Beginnings for children aged 8 to 12 years old.
- Sibling programme for young people 10 to 14 who have a brother or sister with additional needs.
- Family Club one Saturday per month for children birth to 8 years and their families.
- Summer scheme which includes programmes for families, 8 to 12 year old, 13+ and siblings.
- Christmas Short Breaks which provide drop off service for children and young people birth to 18.