HighScope Ireland Membership
"Active participatory learning will empower children and adults to develop their full potential and contribute meaningfully as citizens".
Guiding Principles of HighScope Ireland
- Active, participatory learning in supportive environments
is conducive to the growth and strengthening of open democratic societies.
- There are universal principles
that apply to the active learning and development of all children from birth through adulthood.
- Consistent support and respect
for personal decision-making strengthens the individual's personal effectiveness and social responsibility.
- Children and adults learn best when they are engaged
in planning, carrying out and reflecting on their experiences.
- A variety of developmentally related active learning
experiences contributes to the intellectual, social, emotional and physical development of children and adults.
- All children and adults are entitled to care and education
practices that maximise their human potential.
- A theoretical framework based on scientific research
contributes to the development of effective education and social policies and programmes.
- Working in partnership
with children, parents, practitioners and policy makers empowers children and adults.
- The HighScope approach is a means of combating
social disadvantage and promoting social inclusion in the most disadvantaged communities of RoI and Northern Ireland.
- Ongoing training, professional development and support
promotes reflective practice and personal development.
HighScope Ireland Membership
Membership of HighScope Ireland entitles you to:
- Access to a professional organisation with ongoing professional development opportunities
- International links with HighScope institutes around the world
- Networking, lobbying and influencing opportunities on an all-Ireland basis
- Copies of the Early Years newsletter
- Yearly updates on HighScope research and news
- Special membership rates for HighScope publications, DVDs and training materials
- Access to the exclusive member login area of our website
- Access to our HighScope Accreditation scheme for playgroups and daycares
As a HighScope Ireland member you will also become a member of the anchor organisation, Early Years - the organisation for young children. Benefits include:
- The opportunity for PEEP/ECCE groups to avail of our Early Years Specialist Support Service.
- Preferential rates or discounts with a number of companies, including discount on banking transaction fees with Northern Bank (subject to availability; geographical restrictions may apply).
- Access to friendly, practical and accessible information, advice and publications.
- Full access to Early Years' Information and Resource Centre and a members' discount of up to 80% on publications, DVDs and training materials.
- Opportunities to attend specialist training courses, delivered by experienced tutors, to develop skills in your setting and community. Training opportunities range from one-day events to year-long implementation courses.
- Generous discounts and preferential booking for all Early Years-run events.
- Opportunities to influence the future direction of Early Years and the early years sector by being eligible to vote at the annual Early Years conference and AGM.
- Access to a strong lobbying organisation with the aim of influencing policy on behalf of young children and their families.
- Receiving a copy of our annual report.
- Copies of the Early Years newsletter throughout the year giving up to date information on developments in childcare practice and HighScope.
- Access to support at a local level for our Branch network in Northern Ireland.
- The option of having details of your setting made available to parents seeking childcare. This may include access via an online search.